NFORMATION THAT IS Not Personal. It also does not apply to information that is not personally identifiable, a category which includes information that would be personally identifiable for a specific individual when standing alone, but that has been combined with the corresponding information of many other individuals (aggregated) and stripped of any individually identifying characteristics (anonymized or de-identified).
Other Entities. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
No Children. RollMob does not knowingly collect or solicit any kind of Personal Information at all from children, i.e., anyone under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for RollMob or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to RollMob or through RollMob. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
II. What Information Does RollMob Collect?
We collect the following types of information:
A. Information You Provide to Us:
1. General Information. We receive and store information you knowingly provide to us. For example, during the registration process for a RollMob user account, we collect Personal Information such as your email address and age. We may collect other Personal Information you provide us through your use of RollMob – for example, if you respond to a survey or otherwise interact with RollMob, or if you contact Customer Service. In addition, if you create a publisher or development account we will ask you for additional information such as phone number, address, financial information and SSN. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features or RollMob services.
2. Location Information. We may make offers available to you that ask you for, access, or track geolocation-based information from your mobile device while downloading or using our mobile application(s) or our services. If we make these offers available to you, and you consent to enable such services, we will receive information about your location which we may collect and use to provide you with the requested services including geographically relevant features, offers, applications, and application recommendations.
3. Device ID. To provide you with certain features, such as tracking virtual rewards, organizing RollMob-related applications, and providing you with additional application recommendations, RollMob collects and uses identifiers that uniquely identify, or approximate the identification of, your device, which may include Android ID, ID for Advertising (IDFA), or MAC address (collectively, “Device ID”). RollMob may also exchange Device ID and device type information with our publisher and advertiser partners to fulfill your requests for certain products and services — for instance, with game publishers as necessary for tracking and crediting your virtual rewards for a game.
4. For Publishers and Advertisers. Different information may be needed to register for a Publisher or Advertiser account; in addition to collecting your email address, we also provide you with the option of providing us with additional information such as name and address as well as financial information such as Tax ID, VAT or sales tax registration number or any other relevant tax number and credit card information. If you choose to provide us with sensitive financial information (such as a credit card number) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL), and utilize a credit card processing company to process your payment information. (This Section 4 applies to application publishers and for advertisers; it does not apply to you unless you are a publisher or advertiser who partners with us.)
We also provide Publishers or Advertisers with the option of adding users to your Publisher or Advertiser account. When you do so we will collect the email address of the individual you wish to add. We will then send that individual a one-time email informing them they have been added. If you have been added to an account and wish to no longer have your email address used you may contact us at [email protected]
5. Referrals. If you choose to use our referral service to invite a friend to RollMob, we will ask you for your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit RollMob. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
6. Customer Support. If you notify us of a problem with our RollMob services or submit a suggestion, complaint, question, request or any other email correspondence, RollMob asks for your email address or other Personal Information so that you may receive a response. This information will be used to notify you of receipt of your submission and of a resolution to the inquiry. We may use this information to also contact you in order to conduct surveys to improve our customer support and RollMob services. We may employ a third party service provider in order to conduct such surveys on our behalf. That third party will be prohibited from using your Personal Information for any other purpose.
B. Information Collected Automatically:
Whenever you interact with www.RollMob.com, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs, including your IP address, “cookie” information, and certain actions you’ve taken. Some of this automatically collected information may or may not be Personal Information, depending on whether it is personally identifiable in nature or not.
We employ and/or our third party advertising partner employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs to your Personal Information.
C. E-mail and Other Communications:
We may contact you, by email or other means; for example, we may send you promotional offers on behalf of other businesses, or communicate with you about your use of RollMob. If you do not want to receive email or other communication from us, please indicate your preference in your profile or by emailing us at [email protected] Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make emails more interesting and improve our service.
All comments, feedback or materials submitted by you to RollMob including feedback, testimonials, images, reviews, questions, comments, suggestions or ideas (collectively, “Feedback”) shall be received and treated by us on a non-confidential and unrestricted basis. RollMob will be free to use, display, perform, distribute, copy, adapt, and promote, in any medium now known or later developed, without compensation to you, the Feedback along with all ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques or methodologies contained in such Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, including without limitation, developing, marketing and selling products and services incorporating such Feedback. You agree that in submitting Feedback, it will not violate any right of any third party, including any confidentiality, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or intellectual property or proprietary rights, and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Feedback you submit will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain viruses, commercial solicitations, or any form of “spam”. If you wish to access any personal information which may be associated with this information you can contact us at privacy at RollMob dot com.
E. Surveys or Contests:
We may, from time to time, offer you the opportunity to receive our newsletters and/or participate in contests or surveys. If you participate, we will request certain Personal Information from you including your contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Participation in these newsletters, surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this Personal Information.
In the case of a contest winner, we will use the Personal Information, such as contact information, to notify contest winners and award prizes. We may also use this information to improve the quality of our products and services, including by helping us better personalize our users’ experience with our products and services.
We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys and/or contests; that company will be prohibited from using our users’ Personal Information for any other purpose. We will not share the Personal Information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and you consent.
F. Blogs & Forums:
We may ourselves manage and operate a discussion board or other forum (“Forum”) on our website, or use a third party hosted and managed site, for general matters of interest regarding our products and services. The use of any Forum is subject to the forum rules posted on the Forum website, and the use of any Forum on a third party site will be subject to that third-party website’s forum rules. Please note that if you post any personally identifiable information to any Forum, then that information can be read, collected, and used by other users of the Forum. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at [email protected] In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
III. Will RollMob Share Any of the Information It Receives?
A. Agents; Service Providers:
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you; for example, we might use an email service provider to send you emails on our behalf, or a statistical data services firm to help us improve the RollMob services and provide more relevant products and services. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
B. User Actions:
You understand that we cannot control what other users do with any content (including without limitation images, ratings, captions, and comments) you voluntarily disclose for such users to view on RollMob (“User Submissions”). If you have allowed other users to have access to your User Submissions, those other users make your User Submissions publicly available to be collected and used by others, or to be redistributed through the internet and other media channels. To request removal of your Personal Information from our open forums, please contact us by way of the contact channels listed below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
C. Business Transfers:
In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, change of control, sale of all or substantially all of its assets, or the sale of an individual mobile or web properties owned by us, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred and we may therefore transfer and/or disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or to a third party as a part of such merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale. In addition, if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
D. Protection of RollMob and Others:
We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law or in response to any request from any law enforcement agency or other governmental organization; to enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of RollMob, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging Personal Information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
E. With Your Consent
Except as set forth in A through D above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
F. Facebook Connect and Other Social Features:
If you are not currently registered with RollMob, you can use Facebook Connect to register; when you click on “Sign in Using Facebook”, you will first be asked to enter your Facebook credentials and then be given the option to register and join RollMob. Once you register on RollMob and connect your Facebook credentials, you will be able to automatically post recent activity back to Facebook (i.e., on your Facebook Wall or Timeline). You have the option to disable Facebook Connect or similar SNS services at any time by logging into “My Profile” on your RollMob account and clicking on “Social Settings”. You can also edit your privacy settings on the SNS itself (such as Facebook) to control the extent to which your activity on RollMob appears on Facebook, or to disconnect the Facebook Connect service, by visiting the Facebook Application Settings page.
IV. Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
V. What Personal Information Can I Access?
Through your account settings, you may access and, in some cases, change or delete the following information you’ve provided to us: Username and password Email Address User profile information The information you can view and update through your account may change as RollMob changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at [email protected]
VI. What Choices Do I Have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to take advantage of some of our special features. You may be able to add or update certain information as explained in Section V above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. You may request deletion of your account by sending an e-mail to [email protected] Please note that some information may remain in our private records after deletion of your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your personal information after you delete your account, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
VII. How Does RollMob Handle “Do Not Track” Requests?
Many browsers and devices allow the user to limit tracking by enabling a preference called “Limit Tracking” or “Do Not Track”. The RollMob website and application recognize such preferences, and respond to them when they are enabled in a device or browser by providing generic advertising offers only, rather than using collected data to provide targeted advertising offers.
VIX. Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a message to [email protected], mail us at RollMob LLC, 1801 CENTURY PARK E STE 1600 LOS ANGELES, CA 90067, Attn: RollMob Privacy. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.